Sunday, January 24, 2010

Okie Hot Dogs

Total comfort food - my brothers and I grew up on these. I've said many times my mom wasn't the bestest cook in the world, but we adored these. I serve them to my own kids now to continue on the yumminess. Beyond simple - so simple, they're not really a recipe. But worth a shot.

Okie Hot Dogs

1 pack (8 ct) hot dogs, any variety (I get all beef franks)
1 to 1.5 cups prepared mashed potatoes
3-4 slices Kraft American Singles

Slice hot dogs lengthwise, being careful to come close, but not completely cutting in half. Spread open and cover with mashed potatoes. Continue until remaining hotdogs are all covered with mashed potatoes. Open cheese slices, fold into thirds, and cover the length of each hot dog.

Bake at 350 degrees til cheese is melted. It doesn't take long, so watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment