Thursday, January 8, 2009

3 Envelope Pot Roast

I received a new slow cooker for Christmas - one of my I own. It is a Hamilton Beach Programmable 6 qt Slow Cooker, and I think I'm in love. Today is the first time I've used it, and so far, so good. I have a a recipe program called Mastercook that lets me save recipes quickly, so I'll be posting recipes in that format with exact amounts used to allow me to post exact nutritional information for each recipe.

3 Envelope Pot Roast

1 envelope ranch dip mix
1 envelope Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope brown gravy mix
1 cup water
1 lb 13 oz beef rump roast
1 pound baby carrots
22 ounces red potatoes, quartered

Put veggies in the bottom of the pot, and beef on top. In a separate bowl, mix together water and seasoning packets. Pour over veggies and cook on low for 7-8 hours.

Makes 8 servings

312 Calories; 16g Fat (49.3% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 397mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment